I don’t know about you but I absolutely LOVE green veggies. If it were up to me I would probably eat nothing but greens all day long! After a bit of a naughty indulgence last night (garlic bread… need I say more?) I decided to start today fresh by making a great big bowl of yummy greens to help load my body back up with a bunch of essential nutrients. This dish took all of 10 minutes to prep and cook – it’s easy! I happened to have some leftover white rice, but I would normally choose brown. It’s up to you, but coconut rice tastes very yummy with this dish, so I encourage you to make it!
For these greens, you will need:
- A selection of green vegetables – anything you like! I used Mange tout (snow peas), green bell pepper, courgette (zucchini), kale, and asparagus
- A pinch of sea salt and fresh ground pepper
- A small amount of green chilli, very finely chopped
- 1 tsp ground coriander (or fresh coriander if you have it)
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 clove crushed garlic
- 1 tbsp agave nectar
Fry garlic and spices together in oil over medium heat before adding all veggies except your leaves. Leaves like spinach and kale don’t take very long to cook, so I like to toss them in about 1 min before serving. Stir frequently and allow to cook for approximately 5 minutes before adding agave, stirring, and serving over coconut rice.
For the coconut rice, you will need:
- 2 tbsp desiccated coconut
- 1/2 tsp agave nectar
- 1 cup white or brown rice, cooked
Simply stir ingredients together and enjoy!
If you don’t have much of a sweet tooth and would prefer this dish savoury, simply remove the agave from both recipes. It’s just as good without the sweetness. 🙂 Let me know how yours turns out! Would love to hear your feedback in the comment section below! x